Tuesday, November 8, 2011

presentations (popplet, story jumper, and wordle)

I feel popplet is very similar to Prezi. You have unlimited space to work with and you can add pictures. Popplet you can add videos and with what I have experienced with Prezi i'm not quite sure you can do that. With Prezi you have a variety of background and font colors to choose from and i'm sure you have the same option with popplet. Prezi you have different ways to enter the subjects you are talking about. For instance you can have it spin in on a different topic but more than likely it will give you motion sickness. For those who have experienced it, you know what I mean. Overall, prezi and popplet are very similar and I would use both of them in my classroom.

Story jumper would be a great tool to use in the classroom. You could have each child write their own book either in school or at home, each child could then present it to the class. Whether it is on a lesson they were just taught or it could be a begining of the year thing where they introduce themselves. The best part is you can get your own copy. I will definately use this in my future classroom

Wordle is very creative, I like how the more important the word is the bigger it gets. This tool is useful in the classroom for things like vocabulary or different lessons that are being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment